Edge of dock
The Mini-Dock or edge of dock leveller is the best loading and unloading option for goods in small spaces, where installing a conventional levelling ramp is not possible.
No pit required, so no construction work is necessary. This represents a major financial and production savings since the loading area remains operational during the days that the construction work would otherwise take in the case of a regular loading dock ramp, and hardly any work time is thus wasted.
– Does not require construction workother than the fitting of a metal angle if one is not in place, so it ends up being cheaper than a conventional ramp.
– Its easy installation and handling by the operator make it an economical and efficient solution for loading and unloading goods at loading docks.
– Platform and lip manufactured in 13/15 diamond plate, giving it greater strength and durability.
– It incorporates two 500 X 250 X 90 moulded rubber reinforcements to protect the building and the loading dock from damage.
– A dynamic capacity of 6,000 Kg
– The Mini-Dock is 2,000 mm wide, which makes it suitable for any vehicle except vans . If it needs to be installed in a warehouse where items are loaded and unloaded with vans or with a vehicle of a width less than 2,000 mm , we at Alapont Logistics offer the possibility of customising the tip and cutting it narrower (minimum 1,600 mm) so that vehicles of a lesser width than the conventional Mini-Dock can enter.
– Ease of maintenance.
How does the mechanical edge of dock leveller work?
1. The operating lever is inserted into the cavity located next to the platform and then pulled backwards. The platform will be lifted by springs until it is upright and anchored by the anchor bar.
2. Pushing the lever forward causes the platform to descend and the lip extends automatically towards the vehicle.
3. To return to its initial position , the opposite process needs to be carried out: pull the lever back so that the platform is raised by the springs until the anchor bar slides in front of the anchor and can descend without any problems. The lever is then pushed forward slowly, so that the platform descends and the lip folds automatically, remaining in its initial position.
The lip extends automatically as the unit descends onto the truck loading platform, and retracts when the truck is removed.
Installations and details