The vertical leveler for loading docks is the ideal solution for places that require strict temperature control and high levels of cleanliness. Combined with other components such as inflatable shelters or sectional doors, it ensures a degree of protection of between 96 and 98%.
When not in use, the leveler is stored vertically, enabling the sectional door to be closed completely down to the ground, thus preventing possible leaks that could destabilise the inside temperature. In this way efficiency is improved and energy loss is minimised. This also leads to a reduction in the emission ofgreenhouse gases such as CO2, thereby contributing to a more sustainable ecosystem.
The truck’s doors can be opened from inside the building, thus avoiding breaking the cold chain and aiding loading and unloading operations in the logistics centre.
– The vertical storing dock leveler for loading bays is manufactured in teardrop plate.
– Safety system: the cylinder’s fall-arrest valve prevents the platform from falling in the event of a hose bursting or failure of the hydraulic solenoid.
– Highly efficient, since it does not break the cold chain, thus minimising energy loss.
OPERATION VERTICAL DOCK LEVELER
- It is positioned vertically in such a way that the door remains closed.
- The truck doors can be kept closed. There is no need for the driver to leave the cab.
- The loading dock assistant opens the doors of the truck from inside the building and lowers the dock leveler until it reaches the ideal position.
- The loading and unloading process is carried out as in a conventional loading dock.
Installations and details
Advantages of a vertical dock leveler over a conventional one
More efficient sealing
Thanks to its vertical positioning, it allows the doors of the truck to be opened from the inside, preventing the cold chain from breaking, reducing operation times and providing a more efficient seal.
As it requires a smaller pit than a conventional leveler, it will have a very positive impact on the decrease in air leakage from inside, since the gaps where air can escape are smaller.
Improves health and hygiene levels
Its vertical position allows quick and comfortable access to the pit for cleaning, which is vital to maintain the high standards of health required in sectors such as foodstuffs.
Due to its more efficient sealing and its vertical position, this type of loading dock manages to significantly reduce energy loss, which is more noticeable in refrigerated warehouses or centres, resulting in a major savings for companies.
Easy to operate
Its control panel allows it to be operated simply and efficiently. in a sequential manner, thereby saving on loading and unloading time.
The vertical loading dock is equipped with multiple safety devices: a fall-arrest valve, side foot-guards, a position indicator, forklift safety socket, etc.
Reduction in CO2 emissions
Just as energy needs decrease with the vertical loading dock, greenhouse gas emissions such as CO2 are also reduced, promoting a more sustainable ecosystem.
Thanks to the energy savings obtained from vertical loading docks, they allow companies to recover their investment faster than with traditional docks.